Communicating with Front-Line Persons Fund
In development, planned to launch in early to mid 2020.
Examples of ways to use the grants:
- To encourage academics who study negative impacts of global industrial food animal production to let front-line persons know about their research.
- To reward them for making this extra effort.
Note: Producing webinars do not qualify, even if invitations are sent to front-line persons to attend (because these persons may not actually attend). However, webinar productions may qualify if front-line persons participate as speakers in the webinars.
The plan being developed (subject to change):
- Prepare plain language summaries for distribution to relevant front-line persons.
- Co-produce research with front-line persons.
- Explain research findings to specific front-line persons (including local officials and policy makers tackling the problem who need deeper understanding of the issues)
- Creative and inventive ideas such as turning research findings into infographics.
Queries about this fund are welcome before its launch. Please contact: Min@tinybeamfund.org
- Researchers can apply for grants from $1,000 – $5,000. Applicants can request higher amounts if they think their projects are of exceptional quality and/or benefits to front line persons.
- Applications – when open – are accepted year round.