Communicating with Front-Line Persons Grants
Examples of how grant funds can be used:
- To encourage academics who have studied the negative impacts of global industrial food animal production to share their research with and explain it to front-line persons most likely to benefit from and make use of the research.
- To defray some or all of the costs incurred when they take those steps.
These grants are given to successful applicants’ universities and academic research institutions located in or outside thhe U.S. (not to individual academic researchers).
Applications are accepted year round. For more information and to apply, see these instructions.
Inquiries about these grants are welcome any time. Please contact: [email protected]
- For “release time” to prepare plain language summaries of their academic papers for distribution to particular groups of front-line persons who have expressed a need to understand these papers.
- Hold webinars to explain to front-line persons how certain research data can be applied to real-life situations and solve practical problems.
- Pay for professional design of infographics based on research findings, to be provided to advocates who are in talks with government officials and need infographics to explain their case.
- Experiment with creative and novel ways to reach front-line persons.